The last couple of months have been difficult for everyone. We are all going through a period of change and adjustment. Here at the Hospice, we too are going through a period of change. Our priority is our patients, staff and volunteers and making sure they are safe when they are here at the Hospice.
We are continuing to provide care and support to patients and their families across the borough. To ensure we are doing this in a safe manner, we have complied with guidance from the Government to manage the risk of Covid-19, implementing five steps to safer working together.
- · We have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and shared the results with staff and volunteers who work for Springhill
- · We have taken all reasonable steps to practise social distancing in the workplace, including maintaining 2m distancing
- · Where people cannot be 2m apart, we have done everything practical to manage transmission risk
- · We have cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in place in line with Government guidance
- · We have taken all reasonable steps to help people work from home where their role allows.
During this time we have had to cancel a number of our fundraising events and close our charity shops to ensure the safety of staff and supporters, we are working hard to ensure that we can restart these activities once it is safe to do so.
On behalf of everyone here at Springhill Hospice I would like to thank you for everything that you do and continue to do.
For more information about how we are dealing with Coronavirus at the Hospice please visit our website https://springhill.org.uk/coronavirus
Julie Halliwell, Cheif Executive Springhill Hospice