1. Participants must submit an official registration form with the correct registration fee.
2. All participants must be over the age of 18.
3. By taking part, all participants confirm that they are happy for their names and any footage or photographs taking during the event to be used to publicise this event for Springhill Hospice. Should special dispensation be required, it is the responsibility of the participant to inform Springhill of any requirements.
4. This is a sponsored event and your support and the sponsorship you raise is so important to help us continue to provide our services.
1. The Firewalk UK company will lead a 1 ½ – 2 hour motivational seminar before the event starts at Springhill Hospice, and Firewalk instructors will lead the seminar, training the participants on how to safely walk on fire.
2. Springhill Hospice cannot be held responsible for loss, damage or injury suffered by any entrant personally or to their property as a result of their participation in the Firewalk.
3. All entrants must take responsibility for their own health and safety. If you do have any medical conditions that can affect your participation in the event, then please consult your doctor prior to registration. Please bring with you any medication or aids you may need on the evening.
4. For your safety during the event we ask that you follow and adhere to the instructions given by the Firewalk UK professional company.
5. We kindly ask that dogs are NOT brought along to the Fire Walk. This is in the best interest of your family pet and all those participating, even though it is an outdoor fundraising activity. Incorporated as a Company Limited by Guarantee No. 2325905. Charity No. 701798. Registered address: Springhill Hospice, Broad Lane, Rochdale, OL16 4PZ.
6. Alcohol is not permitted at the Fire Walk and any participant who is under the influence of alcohol before or during the event will be refused entry and asked to leave.
7. Please wear comfortable clothing during the event. This is an outdoor event and you will need to dress appropriately for the weather. When completing the Firewalk challenge you will be required to remove your shoes and socks.
8. If wind speeds of 40 mph or above are forecast then the event will not go ahead due to safety reasons. In the unforeseeable event that the Fire Walk cannot take place on 22nd October 2022, we will arrange another date and this will be offered as an alternative.
9. First aiders will be in attendance at this event. When completing the challenge there will be no open flames, there will be hot coals, embers and ashes. You will receive full training on the correct way to safely walk on hot coals and if you follow the instructions from the event organisers no burns should be sustained. If you are unable to attend the event, you must inform Springhill Hospice prior to the event.
If you are unable to continue with the event or require any medical assistance on the evening, we ask that you inform one of the event organiser’s immediately.