- Registration and entry
- By submitting your registration and paying the fee you are agreeing to enter our event and also agree to abide by the following conditions of entry, and any instructions given to you by the events team (including volunteers/marshalls) at the event.
- Where multiple entries can be submitted: the primary entrant (or team captain), are responsible for providing the correct, required information for all participants entered within an online entry form. By agreeing to these terms as the primary entrant, you agree to the event terms and conditions on behalf of all participants entered within an online entry form. The primary entrant is anyone registering a participant other than or as well as themselves.
- You are aware that you will receive emails and post regarding your participation in this event, including fundraising information, key event information and health and safety advice during the event itself. You are aware that you may be contacted by text for urgent and essential information about the event.
- You agree that you have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship money collected in respect of your fundraising efforts is paid directly to Springhill Hospice within six weeks of the event day. If you are unable to take part in the event, all sponsorship money will be treated as a donation, unless the donor requests the return of their sponsorship in which case individual donors must be contacted by the participant, who must then ask them to contact Springhill Hospice directly.
- Springhill Hospice reserves the right to close registration when participant levels reach capacity.
- Age of participants
- For safety reasons age restrictions are adopted for some events and participants who are under the age specified for each event (“Young Person”) may be required:
- to get the prior consent of their parent or guardian to participate in the event; and
- to have an accompanying adult who is over the age of 18 on the date of the event (“Accompanying Adult”).
- Any age restrictions will be set out in the Event Information and/or on the Registration Form.
- Accompanying adults at events
- An Accompanying Adult must be registered to participate in the event as must any Young Person they are accompanying.
- Accompanying Adults shall take full responsibility for the Young Person(s) that they are accompanying and must stay with their Young Person(s) at all times during the event.
- Unless otherwise agreed in advance by Springhill Hospice at its sole discretion, an Accompanying Adult may accompany no more than three Young People.
- Event safety
- At all times during the event you must adhere to all instructions given by the events team.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you, and any Young Persons you are bringing with you, have the correct equipment, footwear and clothing for the event, taking the weather conditions into account.
- Please check the specific event details advising whether you will be permitted to be accompanied by your pets when participating in the event.
- You are not permitted to use any item that could potentially inhibit the flow or safety of other participants or which we, in our reasonable opinion, deem may cause danger or risk of danger to you or other participants.
- You warrant to Springhill Hospice that you, and any of the Young Persons you are bringing are, and will be on the event date, sufficiently fit and healthy to participate in the event. If you are in any doubt we recommend that you seek medical advice.
- Refusal to participate or request to leave
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to the event or ask you to cease participation if:-
- You fail to follow instructions given by the events team;
- You attempt to participate in the event in a manner that we, acting reasonably, believe:- (a) may cause injury to you; (b) may cause injury to another participant; (c) may damage or harm the environment; (d) is likely to cause offence; or (e) otherwise causes a risk or potential risk to health and safety.
- In our opinion you are unfit to participate in the event due to:- (a) the consumption of alcohol; (b) the use of drugs; (c) an injury or illness.
- Cancellation by Springhill Hospice
- We may cancel the event if circumstances beyond our reasonable control arise, including, without limitation, war, civil or political unrest, terrorism or inclement weather conditions.
- In such circumstances: -
- We will endeavour to stage the event at a later date either at the same venue or at an alternative venue. Any changes to the event will be communicated to you at the event or sooner if practicable;
- You will have the right to take part in the re-organised event; and
- If you are unable to take part in the re-organised event you will receive a refund of the fees.
- Changes to the event
- We reserve the right to reduce the course distance, change the venue, or make any other amendment to the event that we deem necessary to stage the event. Any change to the event will be communicated to you at the event or sooner if practicable.
- Media/ imagery consent
- At Springhill Hospice, we produce a wide range of materials to tell people about our services and raise money for our work. These materials are a really powerful way of promoting the work of the Hospice within the local community and beyond.
- Media/ imagery consent
- At Springhill Hospice, we produce a wide range of materials to tell people about our services and raise money for our work. These materials are a really powerful way of promoting the work of the Hospice within the local community and beyond. On completing your registration form you can give us full permission to images and any personal information you supply to us in our media outlets, which reasonably promote or advertise Springhill Hospice’s aims (this may be included in our printed publications; adverts; audio-visual and electronic materials; media work; display materials; our website; our social media channels and any other media we may use in future). It should be noted that once these materials are published and in circulation (for example in a new newspaper or on the website) they may be copied and used by others. You may withdraw consent at any time by emailing email@example.com,uk or calling 01706 641790.
- You agree that your image can be used by Springhill Hospice for the purposes of the promotion and marketing of the event, unless you have specified otherwise in your registration.
- You agree that you have sought and provided full photographic/filming consent for any Young Persons you have registered to attend with you, or that you have provided full withdrawal of consent for imagery of under 18 year olds as requested by their parent or guardian.
- The event may be televised and photographs may be taken which capture your participation in the event. You agree to the publication of photographs and broadcasts of your image which accurately depict your participation in the event unless you have specified otherwise.
- Medical conditions
- You must complete all the required medical information fields on the registration form prior to participating in the event. Medical information will only be used to allow medical assistance to be given on the event date. You are responsible for providing this information for any Young Persons who will be attending with you.
- In no event shall we be liable to you, whether for breach of contract, any tortious act or omission (including negligence) or otherwise, under or in connection with the agreement for any:
- Loss or damage;
10.1.2 Loss of profit;
10.1.3 Loss of reputation;
10.1.4 Loss of business, revenue or goodwill;
10.1.5 Loss of anticipated savings;
10.1.6 Pledges made on your behalf or by you to charity; or
10.1.7 Consequential or indirect loss, regardless of whether the loss or damage: (a) would arise in the ordinary course of events; (b) is reasonably foreseeable; or (c) is in the contemplation of the parties, or otherwise.
- Nothing in this agreement shall affect our liability for death or personal injury, fraud, or any other liability to the extent it cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- We shall procure and maintain appropriate third party liability insurance for the event for our own benefit. You: (a) acknowledge that you are not entitled to benefit under such insurance where any claim is made against you by a third party for death, personal injury or damage to property arising out of or in connection with your negligent actions or omissions whilst participating in the event; and (b) shall indemnify us and keep us indemnified against any claim made against us by a third party for death, personal injury or damage to property arising out of or in connection with your negligent actions or omissions whilst participating in the event.
- Refund policy
- Once we have confirmed your participation in the event we will not provide any refund if you choose to cancel the agreement other than in accordance with condition six.
- Data protection
- You agree that your personal information can be stored and used by Springhill Hospice in connection with the organisation, staging and administration of the event.