Springhill Hospice Calendar
For many years the Hospice has produced a calendar made up of photographs of spectacular views and events across our Borough. All the photographs are chosen through an open competition. Each year calendar sales contribute £7,000 towards the running costs of the Hospice and help raise awareness of Hospice services across the Borough and beyond.
Don't put down your camera, keep snapping those beautiful scenes of Rochdale to enter in our next, 2021 Calendar!
- Photographs MUST measure 150mm wide x 105mm deep (landscape format) in order to fit in with the design of the calendar.
- Photographs with the date and time or a logo printed over the image will be discounted by the Judging Panel.
- To protect the privacy of people, photographs with images of recognisable people cannot be accepted.
- The scene and location of the photograph together with the name & address of the applicant MUST be clearly written on the reverse of each print, BUT only lightly so it does not impact on the photographic image.
- Photograph locations MUST be in Middleton, Heywood, Whitworth, Milnrow, Newhey, Wardle, Littleborough, Norden or Rochdale.
Hints & Tips for your photo submission
Our panel will be looking for photographs that:
- Reflect the four seasons
- Cover scenes in all parts of the Borough
- Preferably capture a special scene or local event. We get lots of Winter photographs, don't forget all the other seasons. A good photograph can be spoilt by the scene not being properly framed – often we see good shots spoilt by distracting items in the background such as passing vehicles, advertisement signs, inquisitive people and we like photographs showing local events in recognisable locations.
- Think of sporting events of all kinds, seasonal and religious festivals, civic ceremonies and entertainments.When photographing familiar locations i.e. the Town Hall and Hollingworth Lake why not take a less obvious approach. Perhaps a different point of view or angle.
2021 Calendar Competition
fields must be completed