Springhill Hospice Calendar
For many years the Hospice has produced a calendar made up of photographs of spectacular views and events across our Borough. All the photographs are chosen through an open competition. Each year calendar sales contribute £7,000 towards the running costs of the Hospice and help raise awareness of Hospice services across the Borough and beyond.
- Photographs MUST measure 150mm wide x 105mm deep (landscape format) in order to fit in with the design of the calendar.
- Photographs with the date and time or a logo printed over the image will be discounted by the Judging Panel.
- To protect the privacy of people, photographs with images of recognisable people cannot be accepted.
- The scene and location of the photograph together with the name & address of the applicant MUST be clearly written on the reverse of each print, BUT only lightly so it does not impact on the photographic image.
- Photograph locations MUST be in Middleton, Heywood, Whitworth, Milnrow, Newhey, Wardle, Littleborough, Norden or Rochdale.
Hints & Tips for your photo submission
Our panel will be looking for photographs that:
- Reflect the four seasons
- Cover scenes in all parts of the Borough
- Preferably capture a special scene or local event. We get lots of Winter photographs, don't forget all the other seasons. A good photograph can be spoilt by the scene not being properly framed – often we see good shots spoilt by distracting items in the background such as passing vehicles, advertisement signs, inquisitive people and we like photographs showing local events in recognisable locations.
- Think of sporting events of all kinds, seasonal and religious festivals, civic ceremonies and entertainments.When photographing familiar locations i.e. the Town Hall and Hollingworth Lake why not take a less obvious approach. Perhaps a different point of view or angle.