Springhill Hospice is a registered charity and has received its IT support from Greater Manchester Shared Services (NHS IT) since inception. This service used to be provided to us free of charge but costs have been introduced and increased significantly over recent years. In line with Charity Commission guidance, we feel now is the time to go out to tender to ensure the best value for money.
· has a 16 bedded In-Patient Unit
· provides Hospice at Home
· provides a Community Service for anyone in Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale identified as being in the last 12 months of Life
· provides a Day Therapies Unit
· offers bereavement support and counselling
· provides education and training to health and social care staff in Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale
The Hospice provides care 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Any disruption to our IT can impact heavily on our ability to deliver care to our patients. We need to be confident that our IT provider is able to anticipate and respond immediately to any problems that arise.
Currently GMSS only provide IT support for anyone who is based at the main Hospice building. Support for our Fundraising, Education and Retail activities are provided separately. We are initially asking for companies to tender for the contract provided by GMSS, however in the future, we would consider bringing all activities under one contract.
We have just had an upgrade of all hardware (desktop and laptop computers for staff) and have an in-house IT Support Officer.
Number of devices Desktop and Laptops: 68
Number of Mail Accounts (currently NHS Mail): 121
Number of Servers: 1
Number of Domain Accounts: 107
Operating Systems / Software:
· Windows 10 professional
· Microsoft Office 2010 (upgrading to Office 2019 within next 12 months)
· Microsoft Teams and Zoom
· Sage Accounting
· Dragon and ReadWrite (used by one member of staff)
· Virus Protection
· ICare / StaffCare ((Patient / Staff information management systems)
· HSCN Line (to access patient records)
· PACS (to access patient Xrays)
· Indigi (to access path lab / blood results)
· Physio Tools
· Donorflex (supporter database)
· EPOS (till system)
· E-Works (online prescribing)
· Accurex (video conferencing for online counselling)
· We currently access patients records using a HSCN Line which is vital for us to keep and our IT Provider will need to be familiar with this
· Staff can currently login remotely direct to the server using a VPN token and remote access will need to continue
· The server is currently backed up by GMSS and we will need back up to continue
· Emails sent to and from health and social care organisations must meet the secure email standard (DCB1596) so that everyone can be sure that sensitive and confidential information is kept secure.
· An IT provider with a proven track record in change management to provide a smooth transition from GMSS with minimal disruption
· IT support available outside normal office hours 24/7
· Server maintenance and back up to prevent downtime including ability to monitor network and anticipate problems before they arise
· Swift response to highlighted issues
· Expert advice on digital transformation moving forwards including API capability and paperless strategies
· Site visits by arrangement.
· Highest levels of cyber security and data protection in line with our insurance policies
Please respond with a written proposal including the following information:
· how you would meet our requirements including how you would manage a smooth transition
· response times
· pricing structure
· why we should choose you
· Springhill is attempting to make significant changes to lower our carbon emissions and save energy and we’d like to know what your company is doing
· client list
· number of staff
Please send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 12 noon on Monday 13 December 2021. If you should have any questions or require further clarification, please email Chief Executive, Sam Wells, at email@example.com
Shortlisted organisations will be invited in for interview in January 2022 (date TBC). The contract will initially be for 12 months and will be reviewed at regular intervals.
All this information is available for you to download here.