As a Specialist Palliative Care Unit, Springhill Hospice:
- provides the highest standard of physical, psychological, emotional and spiritual care for patients with life limiting illnesses and their families, friends and carers;
- encourages patients to maintain independence and control and to make informed choices, whilst respecting privacy and dignity;
- offers advice and support from the time of referral, throughout the illness and into the bereavement period;
- offers information and education to patients, families, friends, carers and professionals, to promote a high standard of Palliative Care across the community;
- respects all cultural, religious and personal beliefs, placing the emphasis of care on individual need;
- audits and reviews the services it provides to ensure appropriate clinical standards are maintained and services are delivered effectively.